help overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

werdna35

In Runtime
I have never done it before. I don't even know where to start. I want to try it thought because I am building a custom over the summer that I want to OC to get more performance but I don't want to try it my first time on a new computer so I want to try it out on my old computer. It's an older system so I wouldn't want to take it too far, but just see how it works and to like get some experience with it. ANy advice on how/where I should start? Thanks!

What do you mean what will I be overclocking with? Like what do I have in my system? You mean components? I don't know off the top of my head (I'm at work right now). It is just a generic Compaq computer that's like 3 years old. That's why I wouldn't OC much at all. It's just to get a feel for it.

Thanks for the links! I have read the guide to OCing on TF but it's a bit over my head. I do not know anything about overclocking right now.

Unfortunately, since you have a pre-built computer, you can't overclock. Companies like Dell(argh), HP, and Compaq, lock their BIOS. That's where the overclocking takes place. But if you ever need help overclocking, we can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom