need monster build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRatcliffe

Baseband Member
i got 2k (£) 4K($) to spend - joy of being single guy living at home !

i need a furture prof case and a monster build (really like look of elder scrolls - like to see all detail) pc that will last bout 3 yrs

few limits tho biggest monitor 19"(dont know bout widescreen (benifts etc)) case needs to fit 30cm tall and not very wide maybe bout 15-20cm max and parts need to be availible in uk..

other then that you have free range

ps like look of new quad core are there worth it?
pps im v pc savy but never brough bits to build pc before (normally built from spares lieing round)

does this build have a deadline as the longer you wait the more technology available and cheaper the prices.

how many gigs of hdd?

what will the pc be used for?

have you thought about a htpc or desktop case as that would eliminate the height requirements asmost are under 20cm tall but theyre wide

Thermaltake Armor VA8000 - was a case i like but it looks huge
i need bout 500 gbs min but 2tbs would be nice expandably would be nice as will thinking of super fast 150/200 gb drive for games and os (ubuntu - xp home duel boot) and maybe two mid speed 500/750 in raid 0

needed for adverage uses(writing letters surfing net (Mother)) but mostly gaming online and stand alone, web site buliding, watching, storing tv, streaming to laptop, remote acess, etc (Me)

size can be 30-35ish high 15--25 cm wide and bout 40cm deep

sorry bout the drive issue yea ok if the boot is not noticable i dont mind losing the super speed drive

so the one in my link would be ok....

for that kind of hdd capacity your going to struggle with size constraints as a tower doesn't lend itself to large hdd capacity and a desktop needs a wide space but isn't the best for gaming. are you sure that you can't fit it anywhere else??? with a desktop which is the simple solution you can put the monitor on top of the pc make it old school lol or just put it in the corner of the desk with the monitor next to it that would be my recommendation as your dimensions are just too small for the functionality you want. the only other alternatives are to limit your functionality or to build your own case its quite simple as there are templates for everything you need freely available on the net and you just need an aptitude for DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom