Computer Building Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Rock

Solid State Member
Hey y'all. I'm looking to build a computer but this is my first time. I went to Newegg.com and put together some parts that I would like. It's going to be a gaming PC. So, basically, what I'm looking for is to see if this is a good setup for my PC. Will these parts all fit together well? Is there something on the market that will be better for the money? Now, I'm not looking to spend over $2000. My target is about $1600-$1700. Any help is appreciated :)

RAIDMAX Black 10-bay Case with 420W Power Supply, Model "ATX-822WBP" -RETAIL

Intel "D875PBZLK" i875P Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL

PIONEER DVD±RW Drive, Model DVR-A07XLB, Retail

Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model WD800JD, OEM Drive Only

NEC 1.44MB Black Internal Floppy Drive, OEM

Corsair Value Select Dual Channel Kit 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - OEM

Intel Pentium 4/ 3.2C GHz 800MHz FSB, 512K Cache, Hyper Threading Technology - Retail

ATI RADEON X800 PRO Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL

Optorite Black IDE/ATAPI 52X32X52 CD-RW Drive, Model CW5201, Retail

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0350" -RETAIL

I would go with some differnt RAM. Corsair value select is OK but in my opinion you should invest in some XMS series low latency RAM. It's expensive, but well worth it. :)

Yeah it all sounds good with the exception of the ram. But then again I like Kingston. I have a d875pbz, it's a kickass board. Fast and stable. Oh yeah I'd go with 2 40 gig hard drives instead of 1 80 gig. That way if you can keep all the important files on one drive and your OS on the other. If you have to reformat then all the important stuff is protected on your second hard drive.

Yeah the system looks good especially the video card but you should probably look into different RAM. Im currently purchasing the Corsair XMS RAM.

Ah, thanks. Ok, I will get some XMS RAM and will look around at other websites. The reason I did it at newegg to begin with is because it was the only store that i knew about. And it was all in 1 place so I could just see what I wanted.

Question #1) What type of RAM goes with that board? I'm not too familiar so I just picked DDR RAM.

Question #2) I don't really have any important information on my gaming computer currently. I have another (worse) computer for storing documents and the like. I also back all of my things onto CDs. So, with this in mind, should I go for the 2 Hard drives? Or should I just stick with 1? Should I look for a 10k RPM HDD? or is 7.2k fast enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom