LGA 775

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northbridge

In Runtime
Is anyone here going to get an LGA 775 processor?
I'm getting a a 3500+ or I may wait till 4000+ and above come out. I've read THG'sarticle and it seems by the benchmarks that the socket 939 perform better in gaming (what I already expected), but we really won't have a good comparison if AMD doesn't revise their on processor memory controller to execpt DDR 500 which will probably be when they come out with the 4000+ and greater. The 775s already support DDR2 667 and memory manufactures are in a race to start producing it .

If anybody has any additional information , suggestions, or corrections , please post.

Only FX's can be OCed.......they don't have locked mulitpliers....

And LGA 775 is for P4......again though, a new chipset and spiffy new features isn't gonna beat the AMD64 for Intel:rolleyes: :confused:

The Merlin said:
Only FX's can be OCed.......they don't have locked mulitpliers....

And LGA 775 is for P4......again though, a new chipset and spiffy new features isn't gonna beat the AMD64 for Intel:rolleyes: :confused:

I wonder when they'll start calling them P5?
Aren't 64's multiplers unlocked downward so you can reduce the multipler, and up the FSB even more?

rakesh_1024 said:
No overclockin?
Y does Intel want to lose its marketshare wantedly?

Well, 10% isn't much and it's not like Intel ever liked overclockers.
At least motherboard makers like ASUS have found a way to up the OCing limit to 20%.

Sorry to bump this thread up... anyways...

rakesh_1024 said:
No overclockin?
Y does Intel want to lose its marketshare wantedly?

Yeah, i was reading that at Guru3D forums. I was just wondering why there is no overclocking for this new chip? Also, the way it's design, is it possible to install water-cooling for it?

WQ87 said:
Sorry to bump this thread up... anyways...

Yeah, i was reading that at Guru3D forums. I was just wondering why there is no overclocking for this new chip? Also, the way it's design, is it possible to install water-cooling for it?

Intel probably wants no overclocking since the OCing movement is getting larger.
This way Intel makes you buy a new processor instead of OCing a slower one to higher levels.:(

which makes no sense, the downside of overclocking is the chips die faster. They should kinda like overclocker for that reason and because most overclockers have more then one rig. So they should leave it like it is now, and even if they do start locking multipliers we always have the fsb (on intel anyway)

SewerBeing said:
which makes no sense, the downside of overclocking is the chips die faster. They should kinda like overclocker for that reason and because most overclockers have more then one rig. So they should leave it like it is now, and even if they do start locking multipliers we always have the fsb (on intel anyway)

Not really, if done right OCing doesn't mean a dead CPU:confused: It means that the CPU goes faster and thus the OCer does not need a faster CPU:confused: And OCer's tend to buy low end CPU's and OC them to the levels of more expensive CPU's:confused:

And plus, you have business selling cheap CPU's OCed toget more money, thats when the CPU's really fry:rolleyes:

The Merlin said:
Not really, if done right OCing doesn't mean a dead CPU:confused: It means that the CPU goes faster and thus the OCer does not need a faster CPU:confused: And OCer's tend to buy low end CPU's and OC them to the levels of more expensive CPU's:confused:

And plus, you have business selling cheap CPU's OCed toget more money, thats when the CPU's really fry:rolleyes:

Also like to add; Overclocking cpu speed does not damage the chip, extreme heat from overclocking does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom