Help Tv Or Monitor....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezd20

Solid State Member
Hi..I just purchased a HP m7690n desktop.Now i need a MONITOR.The room it's going in doesn't have a TV in it so I'd like to use the TVor monitor as BOTH (kill to birds with one stone if Possible).It's going to be used for TV VIEWING and MOVIES as well as surf the net....I've noticed that some TV"S come with a PC..Hookup..The monitor size i've been looking at is 22" and 24" around the $500.00 price range..before i get into SPECIFIC models what are the PROS and CONS to BOTH.

How about the FEATURES that one has over the other..Like Memory card reader,USB hub,DVI-D and Analog signal inputs.For an example So far the DELL UltraSharp 2407WFP is comparable to the same size TV in price I've been looking at..etc ...thanks...:confused

A TV won't serve as a PC monitor, as well as an LCD, because LCDs have higher resolutions, and a clearer picture. I'd say go for an LCD, to serve as a monitor and TV.

That Samsung 24", that Nukem suggested, fits your budget and dimensions, and it's a great brand.

i was intrested in doing that too, but how would an LCD work as a tv as well as a monitor. can u explain it to me b1gpl, coz i was thinking of doing tht too.

A TV won't serve as a PC monitor, as well as an LCD, because LCDs have higher resolutions, and a clearer picture. I'd say go for an LCD, to serve as a monitor and TV.

That Samsung 24", that Nukem suggested, fits your budget and dimensions, and it's a great brand.

My personal opinion: avoid wide-screen monitors. I had a dual-screen setup, which might've led to my hatred, but it was just annoying. So annoying in fact, that I sold it to buy another standard screen... I also did zero investigating into this, but keep an eye on dimensions/ratios compared to that of movies, I know they vary and black lines are just wasted screen!

Any monitor though, with a tuner card for your PC, will work excellent for your needs.

PS: Don't look for a USB hub in your monitor... ;)

widescreen is the near-future. i would highly recommend a widescreen monitor. 4:3 aspect ratio monitors are being phased out... come 2009 all content will be broadcast in HD and in 16:9 (widescreen) ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom