Cheapest Q6600 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you suggesting, that high priced mobo, when he's trying to make the cheapest Q6600 build? Not everyone, is rich here, like you are.

Thanks for all your input guys. I not quite sure on the 2900XT yet, Im waiting to see if the new drivers will improve things by much. If not, i'll probrably get a 8800 GTS or GTX maybe.

What size monitor are you planning to use? The 8800GTS 320 is fairly cheap for its performance and at a lower res its especially kickass.

get a crosair 620w or 520w psu, crosair 2gb ram and maybe...an asus striker extreme mobo?

Corsair does not make the best ram I'm sorry to say. Not even their best ram is the best ram you can buy. G.skill easily beats them in overclocks in price/performance.

The Striker is a waste of money big time. The features it gives are not worth the money in the least and as B1gapl said not everyone has that kind of money to throw around on crappy overpriced items. If he is building the cheapest Q6600 build. that does not contain Corsair ram, or PSU since they are quite expensive. It also certainly does not contain the Striker.

SAMSUNG's Digital World - LCD - Digital | 940BW

That is the monitor that I will be using. I was planning on getting 640mb GTS because I think it will help with Crysis, not sure though, what do you guys think?

Also would this RAM work with the P6N SLI-FI?

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I would like to use this RAM because it is cheaper.

With that resolution, the 8800GTS 640mb, should handle Crysis fine. Not sure on max, but high settings.

And that ram, is a good choice too. It should be fine with the P6N SLI-FI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom