Cheapest Q6600 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was desperate for a quad core then I would go out and buy one right now. Plus I want the Q6600 for crysis.

change your video card then you will want a 8800GTX go with the evga version that way if you want to go full out you can upgrade to the 8900Gt

ram: g-skill 2x1gb hz's (the black ones)
mobo: get one with a 680i chipset :D

I'm not so sure if that's the best idea with a HD2900XT and a quad core processor. It'll probably run, but it's nice to have some head room.

For the RAM, get G.Skill HZs Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

For the motherboard, the MSI P6N SLI is a good board, not sure if the Platinum version fits in your price range, though. Don't listen to Saltynay, you'd be better off with a 650i chipset, especially in a CHEAPEST BUILD. Why would you WASTE more money on something that gives no signifigant improvements over the 650i.

For a powersupply, here's a good deal, I think.

Newegg.com - mushkin 550200 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V cUL,CE,CB,FCC - Retail

I say stick with the HD2900XT, unless you have the money to spend on the 8800GTX. But you're trying to make a "cheapest" build, so I say you should be fine with the HD2900XT.

Go for either the MSI P6N Platinum or P6N SLI-FI, for cheaper.

That PSU looks pretty good.

Agreed with everyone else, on the G. Skill HZs.

650w is about what your going to want since a Quad-Core takes twice as many watts and the R600 is power hungry as well. I don't think I would run anything less than 550 on there but preferably 600+ so that Silverstone is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom