Having graphic distortion on several games, seeking insight please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakhathsk

Baseband Member
Hey folks, for the past few months I've been getting major graphic distortion on pretty much every 3d game I play from time to time. Sometimes I can play without any appearing, other times it will pop up very badly. Here are some screenshot examples using City of Villains.

distort2.jpg

(Long elongated stretching graphics coming off the buildings, a rather minor but frequent and annoying occurance)

distort.jpg

(Hallway is just totally FUBAR, can hardly see and navigate due to the distortion)

I also get this distortion in Armed Assault, Battlefield 2142, and Medieval 2 Totalwar.

My graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 7900 GT/GTO and I have had the latest drivers for a while now, running on winXP.
This started a couple months ago, before then I hadn't ever seen any distortion in BF2142 and MTW2 ever(hadn't played ArmA or CoV before this started)

Is my graphics card shot or is it perhaps something else? Also note that I've never overclocked anything so that couldn't have caused it.

I'm thinking its either a stick of bad RAM on the motherboard itself or the video card is for some reason dying.

Any input is very much appreciated

If it has a preset overclock, try it back to stock settings.

You can also try uninstalling the Drivers, using driver Cleaner pro and then reinstalling drivers.
Might even try takeing the card out and trying another video card, then popping the old one back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom