2100+ AMD (~1743Mhz) with Aero 7+ Cooler
MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR mobo
1 GB RAM (2x 512MB TwinX XMS Corsair)
Radeon 9700 Pro with Arctic VGA Silencer Cooler
80GB HD
CD-R Drive
DVD Drive
Floppy Drive

I was going to suggest that your video card might be going out. I used to have the same type of problem when i played graphics intense games. I replaced the card and have been flying ever since.

My only suggestion would be to try another video card, if you have one. Or, you could run 3Dmark03 and compare your scores to other people with the same video card. Hope this helps. :confused:

I agree with hercules, but if that doesnt work maybe you should try all of your current hardware with a different HD and see if that changes anything

have you checked the temperature AFTER you hard booted it. IE after you played the game a while

Because if it froze after 10 minutes with stock cooling...then half an hour with more cooling i'm going with that. Also did you apply the thermal paste in a very light coat or did you glob it on?

i applied the thermal paste correctly, light thin coat just enough so that you cant letering on core.
my pc health temp in bios after it freezes is abou 38C so nothin to worry about there.

its still drivin me insane.

i am going to run 3DMark03 to see what score i get and to see if it crashes when the card is under heavy load with that. any ideas what score i should roughly be gettin??

chalky

thanks for help hercules
i think it may be graphics card after all as i ran 3DMark03 and after about 10 minutes it freezes. Again i have to resort to hard reset of computer. Im guessing my vid card is broken, d'oh!
do u agree??

chalky

this sounds to me like a case cooling problem. you probably do not have enough cooling in your case to keep it cool, so your vid card overheats and crashes. try leaving the side of the case open and see what happens

i dont think its cooling knuckle, i have a arctic cooler rev3 on my 9700 pro and an aero7+ on cpu with a fan on side of case. when it crashes i check temp in bios and its only 39C. And thats after its been under load.

????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom