Pentium 4 OC'd To 8180MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what processor you're overclocking with.

And I don't think, the processor burned out, because they overclocked that CPU, previously to 8GHz, and later on OCed it, to 8.180GHz for the current record.

I wonder, can a processor burn out, if it's being cooled by LN2? I would imagine, it would be difficult to.

i doubt it, LN2 starts of at stock speeds at -200 to -100 degrees Celcius... it may burn off at like 120 degrees celcius, maybe that overclock got the temps to around 60-80 degrees, maybe they'll keep going...

The rapid heating and cooling of the materials used in the construction of cpu's would leave stress fractures at best and at worst total failures in the long run, but what is the most extrieam way of cooling a computer or just one component that is available to a home builder?

If you've got the money, a phase change unit. If not, a good $200-250+ watercooling system.

Re: Pentium 4 OC'd To 8180MHz

I'm guessing a P4@8GHz, can be compared to a 3-4GHz C2D?

Doubt it.

Common, think about it, A dual cored E6600 @ 4 Ghz would rape a Pentium 4 at 8 Ghz.

In retrospect, it depends on the specific test. Id imagine that anything involving folding or The GPU the C2D should outright win. But prehpaps in SuperPI the Pentium @ 8 Ghz May beat out the C2D. I doubt will will ever know.

Doubt it.

Common, think about it, A dual cored E6600 @ 4 Ghz would rape a Pentium 4 at 8 Ghz.

In retrospect, it depends on the specific test. Id imagine that anything involving folding or The GPU the C2D should outright win. But prehpaps in SuperPI the Pentium @ 8 Ghz May beat out the C2D. I doubt will will ever know.

true very true, tell them Italians to benchmark them, then we baron benchmark his core 2 quad, and see what happens.....

It would depend on what you were doing but overall I think a c2d @ ~3.8ghz with one core disabled would equal a p4@8ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom