Is Vista Full of Bugs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only minor irritations that could simply be my fault. I do gaming / music / internet. Bout it....

I think that the most errors are caused by the programs that are not completely compartible for vista, so major problems are encountered. I believ that except for Microsoft debugging Vista, the manufacturers of OS programs should produce updates for their programs to contemporarise them in the new OS commands. As I read, Windows xp when first distributed caused about 10 restarts a week to each user, while vista cause 6 in about a fortnight.

Okay when XP was release it was like Swiss Cheese. It had so many security holes that there was no choice but for M$ to release like hundreds of updates within the first few weeks. XP was pirated and mass downloaded with a Commercial serial even before it hit the market.

So M$ already had 2 strikes against them right after XP was released. XP was major buggy. Just try to find a version before SP1 and you will see for yourself how many updates there truly are to XP. I would wager to guess about 1,000 to date. With the majority of them coming up to SP2. After that there was only about 100 or so.

Vista does have some flaws. But most of those are from Legacy code written in to Vista to support older applications and hardware. Like the animated cursor flaw. That affects every version of Windows. That happens when legacy is still supported. It is cause people are to lazy or cheap to upgrade to newer, and compatable components.

Vista does require restarts. But i had to restart XP about 6 times to install all the updates from a fresh install that was compiled in February 2007. I still had 100 updates to install. A fresh Vista install i have had to restart 2 times to get all updates and Vista Ultimate extras install including all Office updates.

So it goes to show you how much work went into Vista. It was a 5 year process to create Vista. They took their time to make it. They tried as best they could to get rid of almost all the bugs they could before it was released. Codename Longhorn was first leaked in Nov 2002 Build 3683. Which goes to show you that it was a very long process for M$ to create Vista. The first Beta of Vista was released in July of 2005. It wasnt released to the public until Jan 2007. Goes to show you that almost 2 full years as Vista and another 3 as Longhorn.

So M$ did a very good job with Vista. They took their time and got things right. It wasnt some thrown together OS like XP was. Based off old code and flawed to the max.

So yes Vista has issues. But almost all of them can be traced back to support from hardware and software developers. Not from M$. Everything that has been known to be a issue with Vista is patched and released quickly.

I would wager to guess about 1,000 to date.
I'll take you up on that wager...

So M$ did a very good job with Vista. They took their time and got things right. It wasnt some thrown together OS like XP was. Based off old code and flawed to the max.
Define "took their time". They failed to meet their time-line over and over, and ended up cutting many features which were planned to be included.

But yeah, like said above, of course there are flaws. There is no perfect piece of code... wait, that is, except for mine.

Lastly, Makaveli213, do you work for Microsoft? Are they paying you? It sure seems like it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom