Pentium 4 OC'd To 8180MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one major over clock!

Is there a limit that you can't break when you over clock? I have never done it but I might be interested in doing it some time.

Of course theres a limit. The reason, they got so high, is because they used liquid nitrogen. With us, using air and water cooling, we won't reach half that.

AHHHH OK thank you for that, but what is the limit we can reach with normal cooling methods? And did the processor burn out after a while or is it still running?

AHHHH OK thank you for that, but what is the limit we can reach with normal cooling methods? And did the processor burn out after a while or is it still running?

Depends on what processor you're overclocking with.

And I don't think, the processor burned out, because they overclocked that CPU, previously to 8GHz, and later on OCed it, to 8.180GHz for the current record.

I wonder, can a processor burn out, if it's being cooled by LN2? I would imagine, it would be difficult to.

seriously tho, thats immense. but liquid nitrogen is wayyyy to much for me lol

I wouldn't worry about it...extreme cooling solutions like liquid nitrogen are far from ideal for the normal enthusiast. Life expectancy of LN2 cooled processors is quite short because of the wild temperature cycles it experiences (IE going from 20c to -197c)...drastic changes like those aren't exactly friendly to the processors of today.

People pretty much just use LN2 to break records....kind of like how people put race fuel in their cars and turn the boost up to 3 bar along with a 100 shot of n2o in order to achieve some horsepower number. They are just trying to break records...not really do anything practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom