i am building a pc for the first time please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course, im definitely waiting for the price drop, and if the price drops that much for all the cpu's i may upgrade to the q6700 depending on the future price, but besides that will all the components be compatible with each other?

the q6700 will be the same price as the q6600 is now.... but i say its pointless like the e6700, i say overclock a q6600 to a q6700 speed and u technically have a q6700 :)

what do they mean when they say intels are not "true" quad cores?

This is because, Intel's quad cores, are just two C2Ds, put together in one. It's not actually 4 separate cores. It's two dual cores. On the other hand, AMD's quads are true, I believe.

When the AMD quads come out, they will be more pricier than Intel's quads. But AMD claims a 40% increase in performance, compared to Intel's quads, the Kentsfields.

This is because, Intel's quad cores, are just two C2Ds, put together in one. It's not actually 4 separate cores. It's two dual cores. On the other hand, AMD's quads are true, I believe.

There is no such thing called a true quad core. A qaud core is a quad core. Period.

AMD claims a 40% increase in performance, compared to Intel's quads, the Kentsfields

AMD claim in their website that 3600+ is faster than E6300 !!!

Overall Preformance

So, why should I trust AMD ?

is it worth looking into amd quads or should i stick with intel?

Personally, I would stick with intel.

But if you know, the price of Q6600 will drop to $266 on July 22, so it is better to wait and get it on July 22 to save some $$$

There is no such thing called a true quad core. A qaud core is a quad core. Period.

I did not know that. I just went with, what I heard and read. But thanks for clearing it up.

AMD claim in their website that 3600+ is faster than E6300 !!!

lol...maybe they meant, overclocked vs. stock...I see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom