The Battle of the Thermal Compunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Source:
Translated version of http://itc.ua/article.phtml?ID=27230

This test was conducted by a Russian OC team. I was surprised, AS5 didn't come out, on top.

|crappy thermal interface|
Tital Nano Blue 59
Panasonic 58.5
KPT-8 (reference) 56.6

|decent thermal interface|

Data Cooler 57
Titan TTG S-104 , S-103 56.7
Pasta Siliconowa 56.6
Zalman CSL 850 56.5
Noctua 56.5
Stars Silver 56.5
Stars 700/Aero 700 56
GeIL GL-TCP1b 55.6
Thermopox 55.6
КПТ-8(BeO) 55.5
Sil more 55.5
Shin-Etsu(white) 55.5
W.P. 55.5
STARS (white, soft pack) 55.5
AKT-842 55
Fanner 420 55
Koolance 55

|good thermal interface|
Arctic Alumina 55.5
Arctic Silver-3 54.6
AOS 54.5
DC-340 54.5
Asetek 54.5
Arctic Silver-5 53.5
Arctic Ceramique 53.5

|great thermal interface|
Apus TMG 301 52.5
Gigabyte 52.5
Titan Nano Grease TTG-G30010 52.5
GFC-M1 D90T8-010 52.5
Shin-Etsu MicroSi G-751 52

|outstanding thermal interface|
Arctic Cooling MX-1 51.5
Arctic Cooling MX-2
Shin-Etsu MicroSi MPU-3.7 50.5
Coollaboratory Liquid Pro 50

Re: The Battle of the Thermal Pastes.....

tell trotter to add it to this tutroial guide....

I keep telling people that MX-1 pads own, but nobody believed me. You should use the MX-1 pad that comes with Arctic Freezer 7 pro and stop putting AS5 on them people!

Yep...I use the MX-1 and it's sick. It's not that AS5 is the absolute best for for 5 bucks a temp or so isn't anything big.

yeah artic silver 5 is still heaps good. how much would it cost for the coollabratory then?

The Liquid Pro when priced at newegg saw about $14+ there. It's supposed to have a different compound with a higher metal if not silver content then AS5. As for a cooler a Zalman CNPS 9550 tops the Artic Cooling model for most unless you are on a budget with the higher price there.

The Arctic Freezer Pro is only 22 bucks...and comes with a high quality MX-1 thermal pad. I will take one of those over a Zalman becuase of the large price difference and small cooling difference.

The Liquid Pro when priced at newegg saw about $14+ there. It's supposed to have a different compound with a higher metal if not silver content then AS5. As for a cooler a Zalman CNPS 9550 tops the Artic Cooling model for most unless you are on a budget with the higher price there.

I bought the Arctic Cooling model because it was cheaper and because of size constraints. It's working out just fine for me :)

The Zalman also dropped in price since first seen for some $75 and receives more favorable comments for being better, The concern with the Zalman model by some however is the larger size. Some worry about weight while it's not heavy and others simply price.

The Zalman also dropped in price since first seen for some $75 and receives more favorable comments for being better, The concern with the Zalman model by some however is the larger size. Some worry about weight while it's not heavy and others simply price.

I wasn't worried about the weight, but actual physical dimensions. Mine barely fits. I have an xclio 3060, the 250mm fan makes it a tight fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom