Installing A PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimboy02

Solid State Member
yo all. Im not too good on the hardware side of computers always been more of a software person. Erm im buying a new Power Supply to put in my pc. Ive had a look at the current one thats in my pc and theres lots of cables like, P1, P2, PH, PG, PE, PA, PI, PC. Is there a good manual that comes with PSU's that tells you how to install these cables, or are you just meant to know yourself? Does anyone know how hard installing a PSU is and how long it takes. Do I have to buy any seperate cables aswell, or should an Antec PSU comes with all cables needed? One last thing, can you leave some of the PSU cables not connected, becuase in mine there are some cables not connected, I suggest these are not needed unless you upgrade and get an extra compononet or something, i dont know. Please help, Cheers :) :)

P.S. I do know im going to take extra care when installing the new PSU, Im definitely going to buy an anti-static wrist band, call me paranoid, but i just feel very unsafe about static, and seen as I dont go in my PC much, its better to be safe than sorry. Once again cheers for help. :)

PSU are very easy to install. The manual with your new one will tell you exactly how to do it. Its just a case of unplugging all the cables, unscrewing the PSU and doing the reverse for the new one.
Antec is my fav brand. very reliable, very efficient.
YES its okay to have some cables unplugged. Just extras incase you want to upgrade. The ends can also only fit into the devices they are supposed to, so you cant really stuff anyhting up.
Oh and i very much agree with wearing an anti-static strap. Cant be too careful. Especially around very sensitive things like RAM.

Goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom