motherboard wont fit the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the ds3 supports my ram. not 100% sure, but pretty sure, coz my ram is ddr2 533. i'll just be using this mobo with my current rig for a while, and then upgrade to quad core.
oh so i can use that hsf. coz i thought there was a difference, some 90mm chip or some 60 mm chip. i dk.
well thanks anyways
i asked the same question a long time ago, but i wanted a different mobo back then
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/would-ddr2-533-work-motherboard-supports-ddr2-800-a-141868/

OHH YOUR RAM IS DDR2!!! No the 90 and 65mm is what is the size of the "die" on the chip. It is not the actual chip itself. The actual ability to fit a heatsink on a chip comes from what socket it is. So if your P4 is Socket 775, and a C2D is Socket 775 then the C2D HSF will fit onto your P4.

Ok well then this makes things so much easier. Here's the game plan for you I suggest hah.

Buy a new mobo that supports C2D ( P6N, DS3, P5B-Plus, P5N-E, P6N Platinum just to name a few cheap good ones)

Get the HSF from your friend and chill with it for a while until quad-core

In July buy a Quad-Core

Then later buy a 2GB kit of DDr2-800 ram and an aftermarket HSF and overclock that bad boy. The last few options can be combined into one step heh.

That's what I would do, good luck.

so do u guys think the ds3 or the pb5 or the p6n will utilize the quad to its full potential. i mean are there certain mobos that are available to us right now will utilize quad to its fullest. will therebe any mobo that will, or is there one already.
any suggestions and comments. i was planing to get p6n, but now i am wondering if i could get the full quad experience with that mobo. and by that i mean, only the mobo performance, not applications and games, and other parts
thanks a lot

never never never never never upgrade with del, there soul purpose is to make upgrading ure pc hard, their so auquard its unreal, nothing is the same on there mobos..so your just gonna have to buy a new mobo sorry mate

OHH YOUR RAM IS DDR2!!! No the 90 and 65mm is what is the size of the "die" on the chip. It is not the actual chip itself. The actual ability to fit a heatsink on a chip comes from what socket it is. So if your P4 is Socket 775, and a C2D is Socket 775 then the C2D HSF will fit onto your P4.

Ok well then this makes things so much easier. Here's the game plan for you I suggest hah.

Buy a new mobo that supports C2D ( P6N, DS3, P5B-Plus, P5N-E, P6N Platinum just to name a few cheap good ones)

Get the HSF from your friend and chill with it for a while until quad-core

In July buy a Quad-Core

Then later buy a 2GB kit of DDr2-800 ram and an aftermarket HSF and overclock that bad boy. The last few options can be combined into one step heh.

That's what I would do, good luck.

omg i said that!!!!

by a new motherboard get c2d, come july get quad sum gskill hz and tuniq then o/c the **** outta it.

nah joking vernong:D

well, i did a lot of thinking, and now i am going to wait till about september/october to build my new computer using a quad core. but i am really tempted to by the mobo right now and use it in my new case that has been sitting idle for a while. so should i get a mobo right now or should i wait, coz i dont need one, but i want one. my friends say i'm just being stupid, coz new stuff are gonna come out when i build my computer. idk what to do. what would u guys do. anycommets would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom