motherboard wont fit the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
well, this was really stupid of me, so please dont laugh. i have a dell dimension e510 with the components in my sig. i have upgraded almost all of my parts except the mobo. well, i bought this case coz i was sick and tired of looking at the dell case.
Eagle Tech Viper2 ATX Case W/ Acrylic Window, LED Fan & LCD (ET-V2-WOP-R) - FrozenCPU.com
this is the case, and i got it from newegg with a 90 dollar, which i havent received yet.
well, the problem is, which i hadnt payed attention before, was the dell cases open from the right and their mother board is stuck on the left side. so i open both my cases to take a look, and something didnt look right. i have a feeling that it wouldnt fit. coz the mobo needs to be rotated about 180degrees to fit my new case, and doing that, IMO, will not allign with the expansion slots? am i right?

well my mobo is dell 0WG261, and i tried researching, but couldnt find anything except that some sites say its a btx mobo, but they dont sound that convincing.
this is the only pic i could find.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim5150/en/sm/parta116.jpg

so i dont know what i should do. any coments on the mobo
well, i am going to use this case for my new build this august.
but any suggestions on how i can fit this mobo in this case
thanks a lot

Dell as do most companies use proprietary parts so you can't really upgrade them easily..yes Dell use BTX mobos and it would be quite a fun time. The only thing you can do is get a new mobo really or rig it somehow..if thats even possible.

thanks for replying sora. well i will probably get a new mobo. but my concern is that, i think i will need a new hsf, because in this case, the case fan is the cpu fan and there is a huge as heatsink. if u look closely at this picture, there is a enclouser where on the left end there is a case/cpu fan and in the middle there is a hug *** heatsink. so would it be possible to take the processor out and use the same heat sink fan or should i buy a HSF as well.
http://images.pcworld.com/reviews/graphics/126085-25111_op.jpg
well i am soon going to build a quad core system, hopefully in august, so i want a mobo that overclocks really well and is compatible with my current processor, so i was thinking something like the MSI-SLI-Fi or the ds3 or the PB5. so what do u say?
and btw, my socket is a 775.
thanks a lot

thanks for replying sora. well i will probably get a new mobo. but my concern is that, i think i will need a new hsf, because in this case, the case fan is the cpu fan and there is a huge as heatsink. if u look closely at this picture, there is a enclouser where on the left end there is a case/cpu fan and in the middle there is a hug *** heatsink. so would it be possible to take the processor out and use the same heat sink fan or should i buy a HSF as well.
http://images.pcworld.com/reviews/graphics/126085-25111_op.jpg
well i am soon going to build a quad core system, hopefully in august, so i want a mobo that overclocks really well and is compatible with my current processor, so i was thinking something like the MSI-SLI-Fi or the ds3 or the PB5. so what do u say?
and btw, my socket is a 775.
thanks a lot

easy... get a p6n sli-fi... its socket 775 and quad-core supporting.... its a matter of that dell mobo letting go.... and its ddr2 ram....

You should be able to take the HSF out but let me ask...if your P4 an LGA 775 socket? At 3.0ghz I would imagine it is but just checking if thats stock.

You should be able to take the HSF out but let me ask...if your P4 an LGA 775 socket? At 3.0ghz I would imagine it is but just checking if thats stock.

i'm pretty sure it is.... because it does use ddr2 ram....

ya, but would i still be able to use my current hsf that came from dell. coz i really dont want to spend any money on a HSF.
one more question. my friend just got a c2d but he uses water cooling, so he has a spare hsf that came with the c2d. so do u think if i get the new mobo, i can use it with my current processor. i do have a 775 socket, but i think it would be bigger for that hsf wouldnt it?

Understand that if you get a new mobo you will need to get one that supports your old RAM which means you can not use that ram and get a C2D ready mobo at the same time.

It does not matter since all the chips are the same size. If it's the stock HSF for a C2D then it will fit on a P4 775 socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom