Greeting Card Program Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
Ok, if anyone can give any hints as what to do I would be most appreciative!

It started out with me installing Print Artist v8 on my C:\ drive. It did not run correctly under XP, so I downloaded an update. After this update was applied, I wanted to move Print Artist to another hard drive, as Windows was extremely low and it occupied about eight gigs. Anyhow, the uninstallation was corrupted--presumably by the update, but either way, that did not work. I manually deleted the files/folders, then went through the registry deleting any and all files relating to it that I found.

But the problem is now, I try to install it...insert the CD, the autorun pops up, and I click "Install" (I also tried the .exe on the CD as well--no go either). It runs under the process tree in Windows XP, but it never loads the application. I've tried restarting, closing all other apps, etc...and cannot think of what else to try. If you have *any* ideas, please let me know! Thanks, -X

Ok, I got it :) Nope, system restore was turned off--on now though. Anyways, I figured out after all this it was not the update that corrupted the uninstall--it was the part of when I tried to uninstall the program the first time, it hung there...I waited a couple of hours before ending it. After that is when it became corrupted.

I tried almost everything I could think of--emailed tech support and had nothing new come about to help.

Then I had an idea, and it amazingly worked! So just if anyone cares/ever has anything like this in the future,

I ran msconfig, and put it in 'diagnostic' mode--just loading the neccessities...and from there I could run the Setup.exe just fine. So yay! Thanks for the help, MicroBell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom