bought new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafunkmon

Baseband Member
i bought a new computer to play games, it comes with 2 gigs ram, 8600 gts, core 2 duo 1.86 ghz fsb 1066, i was wondering how is it that core 2 duo's exactly work? since it has two processors in one that means that altogether the whole processor is running at 3.72 ghz rite?

no that didnt help at all...all im wondering is, i see system requirements for games saying 3.0 ghz or faster processor is needed to play this game, just for example, so here i am with this core 2 duo at 1.8 ghz, will this run games that require 3.0 ghz or faster processors? also what is my processor equivalent to ghz wise?

the games i want to play are battlefield 2, day of defeat source(hl2), oblivion, rise of nations(the new release), basically any game out rite now.

since it has two processors in one that means that altogether the whole processor is running at 3.72 ghz rite?

No it means that each core is 1.86GHz

Dual core performs better than single cores in multitasking and in multi-threaded applications.

But in single threaded applications, the dual core has no advantage over single core.

no that didnt help at all...all im wondering is, i see system requirements for games saying 3.0 ghz or faster processor is needed to play this game, just for example, so here i am with this core 2 duo at 1.8 ghz, will this run games that require 3.0 ghz or faster processors? also what is my processor equivalent to ghz wise?

When they say that system requirements is 3.0GHz for example, they mean that you need to have a Pentium4 3.0GHz.

However, Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz outperforms Pentium 4 3.6GHz and Pentium D 3.6GHz because it can do more instructions per clock

So, yes core 2 duo at 1.86GHz will run games that require 3.0GHz.........

You can run pretty much any game out right now with your set-up at least on medium settings or better.

No it means that each core is 1.86GHz

Dual core performs better than single cores in multitasking and in multi-threaded applications.

But in single threaded applications, the dual core has no advantage over single core.

When they say that system requirements is 3.0GHz for example, they mean that you need to have a Pentium4 3.0GHz.

However, Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz outperforms Pentium 4 3.6GHz and Pentium D 3.6GHz because it can do more instructions per clock

So, yes core 2 duo at 1.86GHz will run games that require 3.0GHz.........

ok was thinking that but wasn't entirely sure.... didn't wanna get flamed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom