8 Intel Cores Faster Than 16 AMD Cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
8 Intel Cores Faster Than 16 AMD Cores?
Intel is demonstrating a dual quad-core Xeon system at the Microprocessor Forum that is supposedly faster than four quad-core Barcelona processors. Thanks to GJSNeptune for the linkage.

The machine is equipped with Intel's Workstation Board S5000XVN, 2 quad-core Xeons 5365, clocked at 3GHz and 16GB RAM. And the results are simply impressive: Intel scored over 4,900 pixels per seconds versus a little bit over 4,000 for AMD's 4 sockets quad-core (Barcelona) system. Again, this is an AMD 16 cores system versus Intel's 8 cores V8 machine.

[Microprocessor Forum] 8 Intel cores faster than 16 AMD cores!

I heard that the amount of memory in the AMD machine was only 6GB or something like that and the Intel had 16GB. I don't know how much memory the benchmark needs but if it needs the memory, the comparison won't mean anything.

I heard that the amount of memory in the AMD machine was only 6GB or something like that and the Intel had 16GB. I don't know how much memory the benchmark needs but if it needs the memory, the comparison won't mean anything.

Even if the BenchMark didn't require Much RAM, you still like the Machine SPECS to be as identical (Excluding the Proc Obviously) as possible when you compare performence between any two items.

Show me a test with the Same amount of Cores, same everything except the Proc brand. Then Ill Look at it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom