Nvidia G92 will be a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
dunnno, nobody has bought one because there so expensive lol, so i dont have any reviews, but dont they have 8 cores?

the good thing for my is i can always sell my gtx when i biuld for friends comp later this yr, i give it to him for watever amount then use it to buy the 9800.:D

This hardware drive is not equally met with blockbuster games that push these limits yet. I hope crysis comes out soon and pushes this movement to the sky.

dont those run bad on games?

i've used a xeon before a p3 xeon but still a xeon nonetheless, but i would prefer the regular p3 when i played halo on it... sort of expensive at the time when the P3 gave same gaming performance for a heck of a lot cheaper...

7800GTX 165 GFLOPS
28% Increase
7900GTX 211 GFLOPS
56% Increase
8800GTX 330 GFLOPS
303% Increase
9800GTX 1000 GFLOPS

WTF is next? Someone needs to get a TI-89 and turn this data into a formula. I knew I should have paid more attention in calculus 3...

the xenons cant do gaming, unlike the amd opterons which are little more than optimized athlon x2s the xenons are totally different than the desktop chips. A guy i knew had a dual xenon back when the p4 northwood was good and it just stinked in gaming. he bragged alot because he thought he had alot of power but that rig couldnt do anything in the way of games.

and if all of these graphics cards are pushing so many flops, how many mips are the cpus pushing? its almost as if graphics cards are surpassing cpus. someone tell me im not going nuts.

7800GTX 165 GFLOPS
28% Increase
7900GTX 211 GFLOPS
56% Increase
8800GTX 330 GFLOPS
303% Increase
9800GTX 1000 GFLOPS

WTF is next? Someone needs to get a TI-89 and turn this data into a formula. I knew I should have paid more attention in calculus 3...

I plugged these into my TI-84 and according to the cubic regression plot, we could expect the Next-next gen card to have... wait for it... around 2700 GFLOPS of processing power. Not quite a 303% increase, but I'd say a 270% increase on a Teraflop is pretty sweet.

EDIT: by the way the first two increases were 128% and 156%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom