nic add in cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't really reduce any of the lag that you are getting, that is all based upon what the Internet Service Provider (ISP) is providing for you by the way of bandwidth. In reality this card can't reduce you lag, but it may be able to reduce some of the hardware latency inside of your machine so that it can render where objects are inside of your game quicker. I would NOT suggest purchasing this card, there may be a performance difference, but it will be hardly noticeable.

The Physx cards are probably, failures too, since graphic cards are now being built, with the technology, such as the 8800 series.

Stay away from the KillerNIC cards... they are expensive, and really all that they do is off-load work from the CPU, onto the cards processor. This will do NOTHING for your ping times, as the ping within your LAN is generally 1-2 ms if wired, and ~5ms if (poor signal) wireless....

As for Windows ME... that was SO FAR BELOW FAILURE, I don't know what to call it. At my part time job, they used to have 1 computer that wasn't connected to the internet, and it was running Windows ME.... that thing had BSOD's all the time, fatal exception errors, and Windows pop-ups showing virus's detected... lol. All it had on there was Windows ME and MS Office... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom