performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do those games even support dual core processing? If they do there should be almost no problems with computing the whereabouts of your objects. Like you said it only uses the one core. Therefore that is more than likely your bottleneck. Soon enough games with start support dual core processing more and more, and then we won't have to worry about these kinds of things :)

yeah I'm pretty sure rome total war is only single threaded so more cores will do nothing.

Do those games even support dual core processing? If they do there should be almost no problems with computing the whereabouts of your objects. Like you said it only uses the one core. Therefore that is more than likely your bottleneck. Soon enough games with start support dual core processing more and more, and then we won't have to worry about these kinds of things :)

It doesn't support dual core the game is about 2 years old so only uses one core

This is strange because my freind has a 2GHz celeron, 1gb DDR ram and a GeForce 4 MX 440 and he can play this game and he has never had any lagg.

on max settings at 1280x1024

i also find that hard to believe. if a gts and e6600 lags a lil no way that could be possible unless the guy like 5 fps:D

its only a bit of lagg lol, oblivion acts a bit weird for me aswell sometimes but the fps is fine usually staying above 70

hmm... odd. I used to run that game at high settings on an X800GTO with a P4 3GHz, and it ran smoothly with 6k guys.

If I remember rightly, when making a custom battle, the soldier count turned red when it was going to be a performance hit. It turned red on the P4 at about 6200 people.

I don't play the custom battles only the campaign..... and its only when I speed up the attles to triple speed that it really lags

just reinstalled the game, and it still lags out when you have over 6.5k units on the field, same as my P4 with 1GB ram did! Surely the c2d @ 3.2 with 4GB RAM should perform better in game?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom