windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdmwilson

Solid State Member
Can anyone help for some reason when I try to right click properties anywhere I get the message that restrictions have been set on the computer and to contact administrator even though I am logged on as administrator!!!!!:angry:

Is it part of a domain? If so, the domain policies take presidence over any other, especially if 'No Override' was checked, and that could be your problem. You can be a 'local' administrator and still not be able to do things that the Domain Administrators have locked up.

Hi it is part of a domain but im on the machine as the domain administrator I have other 2000 machines that do not do the same I have had a few virus probs and wonder if theve managed to change some settings somewhere I am really confused I am the only administrator there

Try logging in as the local admin of the computer. You should have complete access over that one computer if you haven't changed the access privledges previously.

You might even want to create another local admin and login at that one to see if you can do what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom