PC Freezing - Need Advice (I'm a former PC Tech too...LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I came home, the tests weren't running anymore...and it ended on test #7 and said 22minutes, but I was gone total for 3-4 hours...sooo I dunno what it ended up running. I guess it stopped on its own after 22minutes and 7 tests...

I've got the drivers for everything yes...and I will run the orthox tests now along with the windows based memtest and see what happens. Thanks guys!

Well ****...

Type: Blend - stress CPU and RAM Min: 8 Max: 4096 InPlace: No Mem: 767 Time: 15
CPU: 2411MHz FSB: 200MHz [200MHz x 12.0 est.]
5/27/2007 5:59 PM
Launching 1 thread...
1:Using CPU #0
1:Beginning a continuous self-test to check your computer.
1:press Stop to end this test.
1:Test 1, 4000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M19922945 using 1024K FFT length.
1:Test 2, 4000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M19922943 using 1024K FFT length.
1:FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
1:Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
1:Torture Test ran 6 minutes 36 seconds - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
1:Execution halted.

Processor has problems apparently. Dammit...how did this **** happen. My processor is a 2.4GHz Athlon 64 XP 3400+...crap...welp guess I know what the problem is. It's odd however that the PC only freezes during gaming...I find that wierd.

Sounds like a hardware issue to me, just make sure that you have all of the chipset updates. It is possible that is your processor crapping out on you, intense amounts of data processing/number crunching could cause the freezing that you mention. If you can get your hands on a hardware testing program like sisandra and let it run some tests on your hardware, that should let you know for sure. Hope that something from that I was helpful. Good Luck!

Thanks. I'm going to check for firmware updates now and see if I'm missing anything and perhaps I can fix it. It's possible since I last reformatted a few times my updated drivers and stuff got lost in the process for my processor and chipset. It's old =) nForce 3 250 haha/

Nah, no viruses...no spyware either. Orthos showed hardware issues yes. I tried to do updates on the mainboard etc...but they didn't work at all...wouldn't install properly. They would install, then the PC would get stuck booting XP and not load properly until I reload the PC and boot to "last known good configuration"...freaking sucks. So I guess the mainboard is going to ****...but it's whatever. Machine is older parts anyhow, time to scrap it and build myself a new system, maybe a laptop this time around. Thanks for all your help guys for the diagnostic tools and advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom