Members Picture Thread! *New*

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
Alright, I have a better picture now. It didn't take long for me to get a reaction out of that other one...lol. This one is of me right before competing at SkillsUSA/Vica in the category of PC System Troubleshooting.

Did you win?

No, but I would have had there not have been cheating going on. The people running the competition weren't watching close enough, and I witnessed some of it with my own eyes.

beedubaya said:
Alright, I have a better picture now. It didn't take long for me to get a reaction out of that other one...lol. This one is of me right before competing at SkillsUSA/Vica in the category of PC System Troubleshooting.
You and Shan look like exactly the same, except Shan's older. Weird. :freak:

beedubaya said:
No, but I would have had there not have been cheating going on. The people running the competition weren't watching close enough, and I witnessed some of it with my own eyes.

What did you have to trouble shoot? Do you remember?

I don't remember everything, but it was simple stuff like 1 72-pin SIMM on a Pentium 1 with 64-bit data bus, BIOS not configured properly, IDE cables installed wrong, Master/Slave configuration, etc.

Hey that sounds like fun, it's like a big nerd convention and I missed it =( ohh well, still looking forward to this years quakecon in beautiful dallas, texas.. and if I recover from today's hangover maybe I'll be looking forward to doing something tonight =)

Well after reading through all the hellos/new members and looking at pics...suddenly I feel very old...LOL! ;)

Whats the average age of those so willing to help us "old people" (ahem - gonna be 35 here...ya'll look like you're my daughters age or just a bit older....whats that tell ya?) tee hee

God back in the day for me (again showing age here) I remember working on IBMs and TANDY's without a hard drive (eek can you imagine?) - had to use those little discs to boot the system. Worked with DOS, dBase, UNIX, C+ and a few others. Havent programmed in years but used to. Now a days I'm pretty much lost as I havent kept up with the years that have gone by *do ya hear my bones creaking yet?* :rolleyes:

Hell who am I kidding? When we got the "latest and greatest" typewriters from IBM that was awesome technology back in the very early 80's - how sad am I? :D

Thanks for all ya'll do and for the support - us "old people" need ya!

Deb

WELL - was gonna post a pic but for some reason it wont take...

LOL Dave - ok....smartie pants - tell me how to post it so it shows and I will *grabs her cane and prune juice* :p

*notes to herself...good lord..how hard is it to add a picture? Obviously hard enough since I cant get mine to post* :rolleyes:

You can use the image tags if you have it online. For example: [ img ]http://www.techist.com/blueimages/vBulletin_logo.gif[ /img ]

Note that the http:// part of the image URL is required for the [ img ] code. Also, omit the spaces.

Or, you can attach it using the Attach File section below the reply box. Make note that the attached file can not be larger than 51,200 bytes, and must have one of the allowed file extensions.

**cheers, with the prune juice** :p

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom