Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
It seems someone over in Redmond let the cat out of the bag today, the next version of has leaked to the web.

So far, the only noticeable change to version 8.5 is the completely redesigned "A-la-skin. No other new features have yet been discovered.

There is still a debate over whether or not this is a genuine leak, or if it is simply a re-skinned WLM 8.1 (As we have seen in the past. April Fools?) We can tell you however, that the installer is Digitally Signed by Microsoft. So that does significantly reduce the odds that this is a fake build.

view.gif
View: Screenshots
view.gif
View: Apply for the Beta Program
source.gif
In-House

If you can't wait to use the upcoming Windows Live Messenger 8.5 you could try and download the leaked version of it which is not official of course. The language of the leaked Live Messenger 8.5 is Spanish but you could download the English language file as well to change the language to English.
The program itself got a complete new user interface better suited for Windows Vista plus additional changes which have not been announced yet. Windows Plus users should download the msimg32.dll and place it in the appropriate directory to add plus functionality again. Not everything will be working though as of now.
I would probably make at least a complete backup of my system before I would install this leaked version. The above version appears to be without the adware that was added by the initial leaker. You should still scan the downloaded files before you execute any of them.

Sounds like to much hassle. But thanks for the info, I will be using the official one when it comes out.

yea i think id rather wait for the actual release...any word on when its supposed to drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom