Computer wont start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyw43a

Solid State Member
When I turn on my computer I always hear a beep. It has set for awhile unplugged and not it just beeps. It wont go ahead and start up. What could be wrong?

Is it a long beep? If it is thats usually a memory error, or video error. Make sure the RAM cards are installed correctly, and if they are, try replacing them if you have any spare lying around. Its quite possible your ram has been static fried, in which case you will need to get some new ram.

Did u change anything in the BIOS or install any new hareware. would help to know. Does sound like bad ram though. try taking them out and testing them one by one.

had a few problems with start-ups before.fixed them like this.

1. ram wasnt correctly placed in its slot. this usually causes the beep of death your hearing.

2. PSU failed,replaced it. doesnt sound like this is your problem though because of the beep which you wouldnt get with a bad psu.

3. tried to overclock my rig a bit to far and for some reason i had to take my GPU out and place it in again to get the system to boot up. never heard of this before though.

Want to thank all of you for your help. I pulled and replaced my ram and blew out the dust and the computer started up. Thanks again, Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom