My possible build

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
Here is what I think I will be getting in my new PC I am going to be gaming with it, but I don't consider myself a frame rate or graphics whore. I want to be able to play the game at standard settings with playable frame rates.

I plan on purchasing the system after July 22 - once the intel price cuts hit... or maybe when the intel bearlake chipset comes out
does anyone know when that is???.

I also do not want to go direct X 10 right now because I personally do not want to invest in a first gen dx 10 card -- especially since I am not keen on buying high end video cards. I also don't see the current midrange offerings from nVIDIA, and possibly from ATI, being able to play dx 10 titles that well in a couple of years. I figure a midrange 2nd generation dx10 card will be a better choice for me.

So here it goes....

Motherboard: Newegg.com - ASUS P5B-Plus LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

GPU: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100199L Radeon X1950GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

PSU: Newegg.com - Antec True Power Trio TP3-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TÃœV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Retail

CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

RAM: Newegg.com - WINTEC AMPX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Sound Card: Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster SB0570 Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

I already have all the other necessary parts in my house, so this is all the extra stuff I will need.

ok uhhh....with that CPU i suggest u get a better GPU to accompany it, a 8800 gts at the very least, but i suggest the 8800 gtx. Mobo is fine, get a crosair PSU and Crosair Ram, great for overlocking and the sound card is fine.

I haven't read much about the P5B-Plus But I guess it looks pretty good.

Your better with one of these
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Video Card - Retail

That PSU is a bit overkill, good but overkill. One of these will run your system just fine.

Newegg.com - XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W ATX 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550-2-S ATX12V v2.01 550W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, UL, TUV, FCC - Retail

Your better off with this ram
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

You don't "need" a soundcard but that card is a quite bit better than onboard.

go with the psu that sora suggested. the rosewill 550 will do u fine, and get the gskill hz series. the mobo looks pretty good but u might also wanna consider the msi sli-fi P6N or the DS3 gigabyte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom