Also my first time building a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go overkill, than you won't be really getting your money's worth, IMO. And don't be afraid, of overclocking. It's safe, and nothing to worry about. Almost everybody here, has done it. Who wouldn't want more performance, for free?

....edited vernong....typing too fast..lol..

b1gapl u said DO be afraid of overclocking, might wanna change it, cuz i'm trying to make him change his mind

im a car enthusiast..and when you push something harder then its properly built for...or doing things like turbo, you lower the life of the car...and i fear the same thing will happen to the computer...im trying to make this thing last me awhile here, hence the load of cash im putting into it...being 19..i dont have a lot of cash to spend again

plus i don't know how to overclock lol...

We'll teach you. It's really not hard to do. Plus, CPUs have a lifespan of like 10 years. Overclocking will just take off 1 or 2 years, seriously. And by that time, you would probably, have a new computer, by then.

well, IMO, by the time ur computer dies on u coz u overclocked it, trust me u will have built another 2 or more computers man, coz things go out of date pretty fast, and even if u overclock, this thing will last as long as u want it to, but i hope u upgrade after 3-4 years coz there will be new stuff out there. so even if u overclock it will last as long as u r going to use it for. so dont worry. lots of people can help u overclock in this forum
good luck

Um chips are made to last 10 years on average...by overclocking it could be only 6 or 7 years. In the year 2013 do you really think that you will be using a 6-7 year old chip? This is why the shortening of life does not matter.

No one ever knows how to overclock lol...i had no clue at all and i did it just fine at 16.

or maybe hours... nothing one would notice really... oh no!! overclocking my monster computer lost me two hours oh no!!!..... but it helps with benchmarks and stuff.... also can help u meet some requirements if ur system is too lame....

my buddy once had a 1.1 ghz p3 and couldn't run heroes 5, he met the other requirements except for the CPU, he oc'ed it to 1.6 ghz and it owns all Williamtte P4's in benchmarks and he can play Heroes 5...

i mean back when i first overclocked it was dangerous (i was like 10)... now 4 years later... its not dangerous... infact more and more ppl, including newbie techies overclock.... nothing to get frightened.. try it by small increments tho...

right now im running a 3.0 p4...9800, 160GB HD, and 2GB of 3200 RAM

by switching to the suggestions b1gapl gave me (mobo, video card (640MB), RAM, PSU, and case) which is pretty much everything...i saved about 350 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom