My moms new rig, but need advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja4621

Solid State Member
Im building my mom a new PC and everything sorted but its that issue of a PSU, which one to have!!! This is the stuff I'll have:

Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-5400C4 TwinX (2x1GB)

Akasa AK-ICR-01 Internal Card Reader

OcUK GeForce 7300 GT SILENT 256MB DDR2 HDTV/DVI (PCI-Express)

Akasa AK-ZEN-01-BK Zen Black Case - No PSU

Asus P5B (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 "LGA775 Conroe" 1.86GHz (1066FSB)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 200GB ST3200820A ATA-100 8MB Cache

Samsung SH-183LBEBN 18x18 DVD±RW Dual Layer Serial ATA Lightscribe ReWriter (Black)

Plus if anyone has any other ideas, she's only using for general mom stuff and sorting pictures, internet, etc.

Cheers

If she's only using it, for general purpose, internet, etc... you don't need that all that.....2gb of ram, graphic card....

You can save money, by going with an:

X2 3600+ Brisbane
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail

Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3, with onboard video..no need for a video card.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-M61P-S3 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

1gb of G. Skill
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) System Memory - Retail

and the rest of what you picked.

This can handle, anything for general use, internet, pictures, etc...

Welcome to T.F.!

Thats true, if its for general purpose why put so much money into something that she will never use it for, id suggest going to new egg and finding the cheapest "good" parts you can find, because you do not need all that to look at pictures and surf the internet

IS UR MOM GONNA GAME OR SOMETHING? cuz that stuff is overkill
EDIT i just realized b1gapl already commented... whoops :)

Thanks for replies guys. I just thought that was alright for £400 ($750) and future proof. Is it not best to have a serperate graphics card so it takes pressure of the CPU. Though I might be totally wrong.

She may also be using it to convert all her old vhs tapes to dvd.

It's best to have a graphic card, to take the load off the CPU, when you're gaming. I don't think she'll be gaming, will she? The onboard video, on that motherboard, I showed you, will do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom