Vista detects illegal software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft needs to learn their position. They make the OS, they should NOT be the cops. An OS is an OS, it lets your computer run software, and that should be all the OS does, not work as a digital policeman or spy on your activity or prevent you from running software or anything like that. When an OS does any of the above, it is now more than an OS, and is therefore CORRUPT! I rest my case: Linux and XP are the OS'es of the future, unless Microsoft decides to get their stupid noses out of everyone's business. Microsoft, Windows 95 was great, it was an OS in the truest sense. It allowed PC users to run software, and provided them with basic tools. It did not benefit software companies and was not biased against its users. You have no more room for error, so please, don't make Vista more downright terrible than it already is. Instead of poking your nose into our Registries, why not fix the bugs in the kernel? A lot more productive and useful I'd say.

Not sure what everyone is saying here, as a lot of this has been incoherent. But the STOP TIMER works great on vista, for testing purposes of course.

I know. a lot of y'all just don't understand. everybody has a working copy of bootleg vista thats working fine now. most people don't remember 4-5 years ago when ms tried to stop pirating

If this "paladin" route is going to take place in a few years, I sure hope Microsoft hires a lot more lawyers as they are going to be sued off their asses. First of all, it sounds severely illegal because it's meddling in to personal matters, regardless if someone is doing something illegal or not. Just because they wrote the software doesn't give them the right to snoop, and the law will definitely be backing up any consumer who feels their rights have been violated. Also, as Microsoft has learned in the past, they aren't perfect, or even close to being perfect. If they follow this route, there is definitely going to be a handful of people wrongfully accused, and again, they will get sued off their asses, ESPECIALLY if they go and start uninstalling things. If they end up disabling the drive and you're unable to recover certain files, then they are REALLY going to get sued. Pretty much, no matter which angle you look at it, they will get sued for meddling in to someone else's business.

If this "paladin" route is going to take place in a few years, I sure hope Microsoft hires a lot more lawyers as they are going to be sued off their asses. First of all, it sounds severely illegal because it's meddling in to personal matters, regardless if someone is doing something illegal or not. Just because they wrote the software doesn't give them the right to snoop, and the law will definitely be backing up any consumer who feels their rights have been violated. Also, as Microsoft has learned in the past, they aren't perfect, or even close to being perfect. If they follow this route, there is definitely going to be a handful of people wrongfully accused, and again, they will get sued off their asses, ESPECIALLY if they go and start uninstalling things. If they end up disabling the drive and you're unable to recover certain files, then they are REALLY going to get sued. Pretty much, no matter which angle you look at it, they will get sued for meddling in to someone else's business.

read the eula. it's more theirs than ours even though we paid for it.

Are you suggesting Microsoft would be able to get away with it?

Any type of invasion of privacy is frowned upon, and I'm sure there will be many court cases, probably with a high win rate for the consumer.

Microsoft has more lawyers than most people have dollars, plus the American government would never allow a corporation as big and important as Microsoft to get in big trouble because if they did they could kiss the economy goodbye.

I would be very surprised if Microsoft doesn't have some nasty surprises up their sleeve for us in Vista.. Have you guys learned nothing from XP? WGA anyone?

I kind of doubt they will implement paladin now, it was certainly on the cards originally but the tide has turned against DRM so it would be pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom