So I changed operating systems, and now I can't connect to the internet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRYT7

Solid State Member
Ok, so here's the deal; I started using a really old computer (like 10+ years old) a couple of months ago, which had Windows ME installed and our wireless internet (Linksys WRT54G) set up, and everything worked fine. Then one day the computer had a huge crash and fry thing and the computer didn't work any more, so I wiped everything, installed a version of XP that was supposed to be backup for the computer I'm currently on, and it worked again. I could connect to the internet and everything was fine, but because that version of XP was already being used, it would expire every month and I would have to reinstall, which was a pain.

So I recently got myself Windows 2000, and it's installed and works fine and everything, but I just can't get it to connect to the internet; it seems like it just doesn't realize that there is a connection there that's available for it to connect to :confused:. I'm a complete noob at computers, so does anyone know what my problem is? I know I should be able to connect to the internet, because I have on that computer many times before, but it's just not working. Thanks in advance :)

It did when I was using XP, and then I couldn't activate because it was already activated on the other computer, hence the problem. But on 2000 it hasn't said anything about activating that I remember.

omg no no no, call the phone number, tell them you reinstalled it on only ONE (1) computer. Give them the code and theyll activate it for you.
In older versions of windows, activation were nessessary because of the lower piracy rates back then

I'm not using XP anymore, and it was on 2 computers at the time. I'm using Windows 2000, and I'm not having any problems activating that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom