Info for you geeks out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I just formatted xp and wanted to hibernate my pc but the option wasn't in the power options in the control panel. I found out that I disabled 1 of microsoft's services that uses hibernating.

Now you guys know if you didn't already about the hibernating not showing up in the control panel where it should.

peterhuang913
I found this tweak page online that told me what services I didn't need and there isn't a hibernating service called hibernate so it was hard to figure out which service I needed.

TheEnd187
I didn't delete anything if you read what I wrote you would know that I fixed my hibernating problem.

Just do a repair installation. That should replace the file.

Never, never, NEVER remove anything unless you are 110% Certain you know EXACTLY what it is and what it does.

you could've accidentaly deleted it with tune up software they usually say delete hiberfil.sys to free up more space.

I chuckle at the lack of reading on this thread.

He said he figured out the problem already. He just turned off a required service. Which he has already turned back on. He was just posting it because he felt others might be interested in the info.

Quit diagnosing it :p

i am not diagnosing i said this has happened to many people, they disable the hibernation but some programs delete it instead of disabling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom