Auto shut down of laptop due to cpu overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
the laptop i am using which is NEC LaVie LL370/E is having trouble whenever it uses around half or over half of the cpu it starts to heat up the cpu too much and it shutdowns. i have looked in some other forums and they were having the same problem too. so what can i do to make my laptop not overheat even if you run a program that uses 100% cpu. i am sure the fan is running in my laptop and i can feel the warm air coming out of the laptop but it seems to be misconfiguration of my model of the laptop. first of all there is no bios setting to change anything and i cant do anything in speedfan so guys please help me solve this problem. thanks.

You could moniter it yourself through control panel to see the temp of it. Crtl + alt and del

How old is it? A lot of times the heatsink gets clogged up with fur/hair/dust after awhile. What you want to do is get a bottle of compressed air and give it a few blasts through the exhaust side...then a few through the intake side...then another one through the exhaust side..and 1 last one through the intake side. It should blow any crap in there out and clean it pretty well.

Hello,

I agree with sylwek. Sometimes there's dust inside which you can only clean out by disassembling the laptop, and good thermal compound like Arctic Silver 5 can drastically improve thermal conductivity.

By the way, what laptop is it?

It's a LaVie PC-LL370EA1F which is from NEC and other people had problems as well and I even opened up the computer and cleaned all the dust and checked if the heatsink and everything is properly placed but it seems to be still overheating. Anyways would putting a thermal compound paste on the CPU reduce this problem?

putting artic silver 5 on it might help. make sure you follow the directions . a little paste goes a long way and too much actually makes the processor hotter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom