Need help. I finally got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh you can change the cpu voltage on that mobo.
you need to start over with the overclock(after you clear cmos. do so after every crash) and take it a little slower man. its not a fast process. it took me about 3 months to realize the highest overclock on my 4200.

alright so last question.. i restart cmos , and completely start over. ill keep the same settings
(ddr 533, 3x ht speed, and the cpu vd control on 1.425) but this time ill go in increments of like 5 or 10.
What would be your last piece of advice for me? like say if my max is 2.8, should i increase the cpu volts by 1 notch? my temps as of now are 45 and thats with 2.9 ghz

lol im not giving up on you forever bro but the little lady wants to go eat dinner.
at 1.45-1.475 you should be able to hit over 3+ easily and stable.
you need to load prime95 or Orthos to do some stability tests...then, if it fails..make sure your ram is under or at least really close to stock speed (ddr2-800). even if it doesn't go past about 330fsb, thats still a mighty fine oc.
by the way...the highest i have gotten mine on 1.45 was fsb of 344 (3.26ghz) lol but it wasnt exactly stable.
after you stabilize your cpu, try and raise your ram speed to 667. that will increase superpi time a lot. if it wont run at that speed, try tightening the timings a little and dropping it back down to 533.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom