the moms rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
suh-weet.
thats a fine case my friend.
now....another question. i know that we always suggest replacing psu's that come with the case. how about in this instance? no hard-core gaming or overclocking for the moms, ya know.
what do you guys think? keep it? any little bit i can shave off the cost is great cos i have had a hard enough time convincing my mom to let me build her a rig. to replace that POS p4 that she has....like a dinosaur stuck in mud lol.

Well it only has 10 amps on the rails so I wouldn't use it if you have any card that uses too many watts. Even the 7600GS you suggested I would not use. Something like an FX5200 and the P4, one hard drive, and one optical would work.

an FX5200 would work with basic usage, heck my Radeon9250 barely works with some Halo Maps... and i'm totally limited... but if ur mom considers Vista, i think Aero works on Fx5200??

meh. crap. im definitely going to have to use 2 hd's as it will be the machine for the company.
lol i aint puttin another p4 in there. im going to build her one with my left overs (4200, abit nf4, likely my xms2...mehhehheh gskill in my fututre...). so, i guess i will buy a good corsair sli psu and put my current psu in hers.
even sweeter.

Even on vista the FX5200 or similar should be able to handle vista. I mean that's what they put in a lot of onboard chipsets.

EDIT: Or you could just buy a cheap 20 buck PSU thats only rated at 350w but with more amps and stable. However your idea you would also win hehe...

thought that might be true, cuz fx5200 is vista-premium ready, while radeon9250 isn't.... man only 9500 or better is Vista-Ready..... man i wish i could OC my video card to become a 9500... but oh well, i get a new system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom