Need help. I finally got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok now im very confused.
ever since i raised my ram limit from 400 to 800 my cpu temp is now 16 celsius...

is this possible?

temps:
mobo temp 32
cpu temp 16
gpu temp 49

Something is wrong there. What program, are you using to get these temperatures? And what did you mean, you raised the ram limit from 400 to 800? 400 is the real speed of the ram, and 800 is it's effective speed, since ram speed is doubled.

Heh what can I say I play on the reallly safe side of OCing. B1g's obviously more experienced at it than I am, so good luck to ya :)

"Memory clock value or limit" is now 800, it was originally 400.
Should I switch back?
I'm using PCwizard.

In bios my temps are 45 celsius with a 2.2ghz oc

OK, that sounds more like it. You get the most accurate temperature reading, in the BIOS.

So you have the FSB, at around 230MHz, correct?

For software temperature readings, I suggest CoreTemp, Speedfan, or Everest.

i fixed my temperatures. I had my cpu fan in my fan controller
when i took it out and put it back in my mobo my temps went down 10 degrees!

and my fsb is now 250.
when should i increase volts?

two things:
first.
From 1.9 to 3GHZ? You're really stretching it there even with liquid cooling. You should prolly aim for maybe 2.3-2.4.

what. ever. lol that 3600 will likely hit at least 2.8 with no voltage increase...let alone liquid cooling.

second.
your temp problem is likely the mobo. the mobos are made for 90nm chips and so the 65nm cpus freak them out, so to say.
MAKE SURE your hsf is seated properly and your as5 is applied correctly.
now, what i have found is that coretemp is usually about half-right lol. so, if it says 13*, you're at about 26.
another thing...if your cpu is 60*c idle, touch the hsf heatpipes. did they burn you? then they are probably not anywhere near that temp.
b1gapl he means by the raising ram thing that in his bios it says "ram limit", where you set it to ddr2-400, 533, 667, or 800 aka those screwy dividers i was tellin ya about.
another thing andrew...lower that setting to AT LEAST 667. it will help you keep your ram stable until you know a little more about oc'ing.
ask away i am glad to help.

two things:
first.

what. ever. lol that 3600 will likely hit at least 2.8 with no voltage increase...let alone liquid cooling.

second.
your temp problem is likely the mobo. the mobos are made for 90nm chips and so the 65nm cpus freak them out, so to say.
MAKE SURE your hsf is seated properly and your as5 is applied correctly.
now, what i have found is that coretemp is usually about half-right lol. so, if it says 13*, you're at about 26.
another thing...if your cpu is 60*c idle, touch the hsf heatpipes. did they burn you? then they are probably not anywhere near that temp.
b1gapl he means by the raising ram thing that in his bios it says "ram limit", where you set it to ddr2-400, 533, 667, or 800 aka those screwy dividers i was tellin ya about.
another thing andrew...lower that setting to AT LEAST 667. it will help you keep your ram stable until you know a little more about oc'ing.
ask away i am glad to help.
NAGASAMU i was wondering where you are, i asked you for help!

phew just in time! big apl been a big help too..

wow..that's weird. CoreTemp, is the same as the BIOS, for me. yea...nagasama is the one to talk to, about AMD overclocking. I was just trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom