the moms rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hey guys.
gonna slap my abit and 4200 in a rig for my mom.
need a plain ol black case.
four main stipulations:
must have a removable i/o panel
must be plain black, maybe with a little accent
needs to have the fans in it
cost less than 50 bones.
ideas?

also need gpu. doesnt need to be anything fancy at all. just enough to run business apps and check email. maybe watch the occasional video.
i was thinking of a 7600gs. got em on the egg for like 65 bucks after rebate.
opinions?

another thing.
can i run her a new sata hdd, and use her old ide for a backup?

I just saw this on another forum and I don't know if it has exactly what you need but it is an awesome price and has free shipping.

Coolermaster RC-330-KKN1-GP Elite 330 Mid Tower Case (Black) Retail at ZipZoomfly

It's a really good case as far as I know. The 7600GS is for sure overkill for what your mom is doing and you could just get her like an FX5200 but thats a good price so go for it.

You should be able to but of coarse you just have to format windows for that SATA.

both of those are good cases. but i dont think the elite's i/o panel comes off? it looks like it is made on to the back wall...like for onboard graphics and such. of course i have an I/O panel for my abit that i need to use on the case.
if thats not the case (lol pardon the pun) here, lemme know...how do you use a mobo that doesn't line up with that I/O panel?

also once i have the new drive formatted, can i just transfer the program files that i want to the new hdd? virgin territory here for me...i dont know too much about storage systems. i am having a f*** of a time getting my rig back to normalcy after the evga fiasco. nvidia network access manager sucks balls, forget the stupid first packet and tcip accelerator. they just aren't worth the headache.

You really can't put in a mobo if the I/O panel doesn't line up and so that's why the case's I/O panel has to be removable. Coolmaster are never cheaply made cases so I really don't see how they wouldn't make a removable one.

me either dude that is a nice case. lol i might want to trade that one for my rosewill that i love so much. i cant believe it doesnt come out. i looked on the coolermaster website, no more info on it there. if you find out that it does come out and can be replaced with my abit panel, lemme know.

Yea it's actually nicer than the Centurion in a way becuase it has a front and back 120mm fan. All of the Coolermaster cases are made very well. I would call up customer service and ask. If you look at the Centrion it doesn't say anything about the I/O panel being replaceable either but I know they are so I say call them up and if not go for it. There is no way that you can't fix it somehow.

For 30 bucks dude I would grab that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom