What do you think guys? Future plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I think most of it is kind of a waste of money for such a small upgrade.. Paying $100 mainly just for looks on the mobo is kinda dumb (imo). Even if it's just $50 (oh and Sapphire rebates are pretty much retarded, go read it), not sure if the graphics upgrade it worth it, especially since you're happy with performance right now. Also, the XT is mucho loud. I still wouldn't get a Rosewill psu but that's just me..

Just my opinion..

It is not just the Look please read better. I said my current mobo does not have RAID and i want to set up a RAID 0 array, as well as its very picky overclocking, as well as the NB runs hot and I can't add a cooler since the HSF is too close. The placement of the power connector is just another thing that really bugs me and kind of just sends me over the edge. Plus I really want a 650i board.

The X1950XT is much more powerful than my 7900GS and also I just put that link up there to show you, I plan on getting an X1950XT off of ebay for 180 bucks shipped. My rig is fairly loud already as my case fans easily are the loudest thing so theres no way the fan will beat them.

As for the Rosewill PSU I am very aware of their status but I told you up above that the model I'm getting is the RP550 comes very recommended by many many people who test PSU's. It is more stable than a lot of FSP's around that price that are only 450w.

This is not just a "small" upgrade.

lol it is not a mild upgrade at all...people just never realize how fast the X1950XT actually is. It bests the 7950GT 512 easily..

Meh no need to get all anal on me.. And maybe I suck at searching but I can't find any real reviews on the Rosewill.

Raid0 doesn't seem worth it to me either.. That much just to shave off a couple seconds off loading times (and double chance of losing all your data)..

I'm very much aware of how much better the XT is thank you very much.. And I don't think it's worth it. I would wait it out and get a DX10 card later in the summer after prices fall some more.

I am not getting another HD just for RAID. I need more space and while I'm at it why not shave a few seconds off? I mean I wouldn't do it just to increase performance but I said I have lots of media and 250GB isn't enough space for me.

Here is a review on the RP500-2 which is essentially the exact same thing as the RP550-S-2 just rated a little higher and actually better.

jonnyGURU's Personal Website

I would love to have a DX10 card such as the 8800GTS 320...thats a card I wish I had. After selling my 7900GS I would pay another 55-60 bucks to get the XT. The 320GTS is 100 bucks more and it's only about 15% faster than the XT. For 55-60 bucks how is this not worth the upgrade? The XT destroys the 7950GT 512 let alone my little 7900GS 265.

IMO raid 0 is worth it. Faster loading times increase the overall feel of windows and make everything seem nice and snappy. I also have a 3rd drive to backup important stuff.

I stick to my old opinion.. I wouldn't buy a Rosewill.

Cheap, lots of clean power, but good chance of dying with the crappy caps, low efficiency, no APFC, and with only 2 SATA power cables you have to use IDE optical drives.

I only use IDE drives anyway so 2 of them doesn't matter to me.

I don't care about the efficiency really and it has a year warranty at least and i would probably upgrade before then anyway.

I know very well what i;m buying but there are a lot of PSU's with crappy caps and low efficiency other than rosewill that people still buy and work fine. The only thing I care about is it's cheap and gives out good clean power and lasts until my next build (Spring of 08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom