Tforce550
Ram:
Gskill(NQ) 2gb kit
CPU:
Brisbane 3600+ X2
Aftermarket cooling
1 extra 120mm fan
1 CPU fan with Zalman thermal grease.

Ok..I want to overclock my CPU to near 3.0 ghz. What would be my first steps?

*Note my temps (unless they're off. are around 40 idle. Is that bad? I thought it was 30-40 idle.)

From 1.9 to 3GHZ? You're really stretching it there even with liquid cooling. You should prolly aim for maybe 2.3-2.4.

What kind of aftermarket cooling do you have? Water Cooling? Zalman heatsinks? link us to it if you could.

Get arctic silver thermal paste, works better than anything.

Finally go get Prime95 and ClockGen. (Your Motherboard probably supports OCing on it, but I like Clock Gen). Both are free downloads. Prime95 torture tests your PC which tests stability, clockgen is awesome for OCing.

From 1.9 to 3GHZ? You're really stretching it there even with liquid cooling. You should prolly aim for maybe 2.3-2.4.

1.9GHz to 3.0GHz is not hard for a X2 3600+, to do, on that motherboard. If I'm not mistaken, the 3600+, can easily reach 2.8-3.0....on an aftermarket cooler.

Look at this basic guide for overclocking:
Overclocking Guide - MajorGeeks Support Forums

Your temperatures, seem fine. Just try to keep it below 60c, when it is overclocked.

I do agree with shackledphoenix's comment on the AS5. It is the best thermal paste, out there, and it is cheaper.

not really, overclocking itself like other things require experience. You cant just read an article, no matter how long, and know how to be a computer wizard.

Yea...that guide just covers the basics. If you have any questions, just ask them here.

alright well, im going to bring my laptop out, and read over the guide, i will be back shortly.

unless my computer fries.

ok...what?
I overclocked my cpu for like 10 minutes through the automated overclock (should i have done this?) and I got a 2.28 oc with a temp of 68 celsius.

What am I doing wrong? Should I manually overclock? Would Artic Silver be that much of a difference vs. zalman?
I think i put the thermal stuff on right...
Just apply a thin coat..right?

If so, whats the problem? I have 2 fans intake, 2 fans out.
And an aftermarket cpu cooler..

It's better to overclock manually, so you can find out which FSB speed is stable. Maybe, the auto, set the VCore high. What is the VCore voltage on? It also could be, that the thermal paste needs, time to cure. I heard, after it cures, the temps should go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom