question about building a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Lyrics

In Runtime
so for my final project in english i'm making a guild to building a pc.

so my question is, what are some common problem new/intermediate/experts face when they build a pc?

i really need to do a good job on this project to get my credit and graduate at the end of this school year.

plus what else can i add to make it good as possible. thanks!

I know one very common problem that I've had is having specific parts not work when it comes time to boot up for the first time. Many times it might be the memory, hard drive, or I just forget to hook something up :p You will probably want to include how to isolate errors of specific parts, like maybe a stick of memory that arrived DOA?

I'd say those are probably most common:)

alright, thanks
could you explain that a bit more?

i need some more ideas or topics that i could add, the due date is coming soon and i have tons of editing/add ons to add.

I would say that researching the products to find the best (reliability, quality, or any conflicts that may occur) items for the build is the most work and can turn into a problem if you can't find anything about them.

If you do find a problem, isolating it can be the biggest problem. (software and parts)

Really there are many many things that could go wrong during a build. Even more things that happen during a build are the builders' ignorance of the components.

If you would like some help, feel free to email me or IM me on AIM.

Good Luck :)

few things that may go wrong:

- things are DOA
- psu started smoking
- not posting
-

well, might be already mentioned, but when u get the psu and if its DOA, which results in not being able to check if ur other parts may also be DOA or incompatible with the some parts becuase u cannot turn on ur comp, and wait for the new psu to come back

Really there are many many things that could go wrong during a build. Even more things that happen during a build are the builders' ignorance of the components.
Good Luck :)

lol, u gotta use that as an opening line in your report. :)
The most common problem I have is parts that are DOA. Quite often for me, the sound and network cards are **** to configure too. If I dont get it right, they keep on crashing for me. "Even more things that happen during a build are the builders' ignorance of the components."

:) yes, I've had many builds go bad because of me being stupid and not researching the parts.

My first build was an Intel processor with an AMD board.... what more do I have to say?

.... that was a long time ago of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom