Getting more FPS in Oblivion elder scrolls....

Status
Not open for further replies.
got identical FPS on battlefield 2142

If you got identical FPS on battlefield 2142, this doesn't meant that you will get identical FPS with oblivion.

Battlefield 2142 has a huge map, so this means that the performance of BF2142 depends greatly on the CPU and the ram. However, the the lighting effects, texture size, shaders are horrible in BF2142 compared to oblivion. BF2142 doesn't have the ability to use 8800GTS to it's full potential. But oblivion will be able to use 8800GTS to it's full potential.

If you got identical FPS on battlefield 2142, this doesn't meant that you will get identical FPS with oblivion.

Battlefield 2142 has a huge map, so this means that the performance of BF2142 depends greatly on the CPU and the ram. However, the the lighting effects, texture size, shaders are horrible in BF2142 compared to oblivion. BF2142 doesn't have the ability to use 8800GTS to it's full potential. But oblivion will be able to use 8800GTS to it's full potential.

You learn something new everyday, thanks for that.

oblivion plays fine for me with my dual 8800 gtx, but...i do know what you mean, sometimes theres a slight hickup, maybe down to cpu

although i would like to add i havent tried overlocking as such, i dont feel the need to be honest

with duel 8800GTX's of course you dont feel the need!
What cpu have you got?

Memory: Corsair 4GB DDR2 Dominator (4 x 1GB)
GPU: 2x EVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra WaterCooled Sli
Hard Drive: 2x Seagate Barracuda 750GB + LaCie 2TB Raid Array External HDD
Optical: LiteOn 2x Blu ray Sata DVD Writer
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1
Cooling: Swiftech Apex Ultra+ Watercooling
Case: Thermaltake Tai-Chi SuperMidi Tower
PSU: Enermax Galaxy 1000W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom