Water cooling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackwrx

In Runtime
I don't know much about water cooling, but I'm considering it for my next computer. My question is, what's happening in this picture between the DVD drive and the top hard drive with the water cooling system?
acrylic800x600.jpg

Between the Hard drive and DVD drive, it looks like it is a little storage room for the pipe that seperates 1pipe to 3pipes.

And, the chipset cooler is screwed onto the motherboard. (that is if the motherboard has screw holes for overclocking puposes.)

First off this swiftech kit is available with everything you need. The pump, cpu block, 12 foot of 1/2" hose, coil sleeving, green fluid and the fill\bleed valves. The fill\bleed valves are what you see between the drives, they are supposed to take up 5 1/4" drive like they are. This system replaces the use of a reservoir tank. In That picture you also two radiators, a chipset block (mounted by being screwed in from the back of the motherboard) and also the vga water block. The 2nd radiator, chipset block, and video card block are all seperate. The water blocks run about 40 bucks a piece and im not sure how much for the 2nd radiator which bring you temps 5degrees C cooler. In my opinion this is the best kit available. you used to be able to find the kits on newegg now your going to have to try other places. But they run about 180 bucks or 220 retail.

Thanks for the info! One other question, do you screw the reservoirs to the case, or do they just sit there? And if you put the case on its side, will the liquid come out? I only ask because I LAN every now and then and I have to put it on its side in my trunk. I don't know if moving it that much would be a good idea... what do you guys think?

Like i said with swiftech theres no reservoir. Just three valves mounted to a plate. So what you do is Connect the hose to one side of a valve then the rest of its already together and just take the hose out of another. Its really simple will not leak and mounts into a cd drive space. So no you will not have any leaking problems when its tipped on its side. You could shake the case super fast and it wouldnt leak. As long as you installed it correctly.

Sorry to keep asking all the questions. I noticed in the hose that is highest up that there's air in the tube, is that bad? Or is it ok as long as it doesn't reach the pump or anything? Thanks again for all of your help.

if there is air it will soon dissipate once it reaches the pump. I have a thermaltake II aquarius water cooler kit in my comp. It is super quiet and super effective. I have a SocketA motherboard and my CPU cooler doesnt screw onto the motherboard, it clips on like a heatsink & fan would.

The cpu cooler clips on with the swiftech also. Im not sure about the chipset though it was a guess it might clip on too but i have no idea. it will probably tell you on swiftechs website. Yah and even if the air bubble hit the pump it would not do anything. Eventually it would just go away. They might not have enough liquid in the system thats why it might have the bubble in it.

Ok, I seriously do apologize for the continuous stream of questions, but every time I look at the picture I think of something else. Is there any way to put this in a non-acrylic case? And if so how do you mount the fans for the radiators? I was hoping to get a Thermaltake Xaser III case, but it seems like you have to be able to mount the fans on the outside for this to work. Thanks again for all of your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom