7600gt to 8600gt worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
in lost planet i got 15-20 frames everything maxed out including aa. may i ask y 2 8600gt

yeah run it on the same settings as he did and you'll get a lot more I guarantee.

As for why SLI...this dude is just weird. He has a thing for SLI setups using mediocre cards. Before this he had a 7300GT SLI setup hehe

That is still bad for the price considering you could get 11000+ or so from a single 8800GTS 320 while using less watts, producing less heat, and all at 30 bucks cheaper.

Get over it SLI sucks...only in a fer instances is it good and thats when you have everything you need already such as enough watts and ample cooling and you don't feel like selling your old card. Like what nagasama did that was a pretty good idea since he had a SLI mobo.

That is still bad for the price considering you could get 11000+ or so from a single 8800GTS 320 while using less watts, producing less heat, and all at 30 bucks cheaper.

Get over it SLI sucks...only in a fer instances is it good and thats when you have everything you need already such as enough watts and ample cooling and you don't feel like selling your old card. Like what nagasama did that was a pretty good idea since he had a SLI mobo.

While I agree with you that SLI sucks 2 things you said aren't totally correct.

1) In the UK the cheapest 8800GTS 320mb is 180 quid + shipping...the 2 8600's are 65 each which = 130 gbp + shipping

2) nvidia rates the 8600GT to consume a max of 43 watts... 43x2 = 86 watts...they also rate the 8800GTS to consume a max of 110 watts.

So for some people (definitely not me) I suppose saving 50 pounds is worth it.

But yeah again I agree....In my opinion SLI should only be used for the extreme enthusiast when 1 powerful GPU just isn't enough (for example when people are playing with 30'' monitors)....SLI with 2 "just ok" cards is kinda stupid...sure sometimes it outperforms a single "better" card but SLI is finicky and most of the time the game doesn't use it's potential (if it even works at all).

Crossfire on the other hand isn't finicky like that but ATI cards drain so much **** power and emit so much heat that a dual gpu setup just isn't something I'd want :p

eww..dual gpus :p

I didn't really know of the UK prices as my statement was going by the US prices yes.

The extra 30 watts or so would not be a problem for most people since the 8800GTS can be run on a good 400-450w PSU but I see where you are coming from.

ya and if he would of got the 8800gts instead he could of went with a second one later on and had more power
now if he wants to upgrade he has to buy liek an 8800 series card wich will be teh same as he has then get the second one later in the end its all stupid and a waste of 400 bucks if you ask me

ya and if he would of got the 8800gts instead he could of went with a second one later on and had more power
now if he wants to upgrade he has to buy liek an 8800 series card wich will be teh same as he has then get the second one later in the end its all stupid and a waste of 400 bucks if you ask me

well like i said before, he's in the UK...the price difference between the 8600GT and 8800GTS seems to be much larger here.

but yeah I agree....he's basically killed all his upgrade options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom