Here... A really good system for a sub-1000$ budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
or the ballistix :) I have the 5300 (667mhz) and look at my sig. That's on 2.3v which is well under the +/- 5% manufacturer recommended voltage.

Does 1000mhz 4,4,4,12 on 2.2 vdimm as well...really great stuff

Ballistix is very good stuff...honestly I would not tell anyone who chose a pair of Ballistix to get G.Skill unless the G.sklill were a lot cheaper since the Ballistix and HZ/HK's both come highly recommended for the price. Usually the G.skill is first though heh

Usually yes thats why we recommend G.skill.

However some times you can get really good deals and the Ballistix have D9's in them just as the HZ's do.

yeah its not too pricey though. 140 on newegg for the 6400 and the 8500 has a MIB with 130 after it.

Not sure why they don't sell the pc2 5300 though as I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same stuff as the 8000+

They are both good in their own ways.

I just get tired of recommending the DS3, P5B-E, and P5B Deluxe. I think we all do lol.

The P6N is the 650i chipset which has shown to be a very good chipset. For extreme overclocking the DS3 probably is better since it's a 965 chipset which loves high FSB. Still The MSI P6N is only 118 bucks and is very nice with SLI as well.

Like I said the DS3 is still a good board but I'm tired of it i have recommended it over 100 times probably and the 650i chipset is newer and more "IN"

Can't go wrong with either though really.

They are both good in their own ways.

I just get tired of recommending the DS3, P5B-E, and P5B Deluxe. I think we all do lol.

The P6N is the 650i chipset which has shown to be a very good chipset. For extreme overclocking the DS3 probably is better since it's a 965 chipset which loves high FSB. Still The MSI P6N is only 118 bucks and is very nice with SLI as well.

Like I said the DS3 is still a good board but I'm tired of it i have recommended it over 100 times probably and the 650i chipset is newer and more "IN"

Can't go wrong with either though really.

Honestly the DS3 is quite ugly as well and I hate to admit it, but that's what made me look to other boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom