Build time

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdygeek

In Runtime
Alright I got the ok for the build and the budget is 1370 USD. Here is what I was thinking. Please note that I will be overclocking as high as possible, therefore I want the best airflow possible.

e6320
P6N Platinum
Tuniq Tower
NZXT ZERO
8800 GTS 640
Western Digital 160GB 16meg cache
2 gigs G. skill HZ's
Sony NEC 18X drive
CHIMEI 22in
Corshair 520HX

What I need help on is can I cut costs at all without sacrificing performance? And what is the dif b/w P6n Platinum and P6N or should I just go with the evga 680i for $150? And lastly what do you think of the monitor?

The build is well done and I would not suggest getting a cheap 680i over the P6N plat. The 650i Platinum is a very beautiful board with heatpipes and everything not to mention that the 650i chipset is an excellent chipset that has the same performance capabilities in SLi even as the 680i except without the bugs and FSB holes.

That monitor will most likely work but cheap monitors are cheap monitors so you can never be too sure.

I feel you are spending a little too much on a case...not that the NZXT isn't one of my favorite full sized cases next to the Gigabyte Aurora but i just dont like spending 150 bucks on a case. If you can find a Thermalright 120, or 120 extreme then go for one as they cost almost the same as the tuniq with better performance.

thanks. and btw the NZXT Zero has a 30 rebate right now. And that monitor isn't cheap it won the customer choice award.

yeah Chimei actually make quite good LCD's...your whole build looks great. Only thing I would change is the hard drive to a Seagate but that's really just a personal thing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom