Raidmax Scorpio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
I currently have the Raidmax Scorpio 868 atx case and was reading up on it when I had some free time. I found out that I have room for 2 more fans aside from 2 in the back (exhaust which I have installed), on the side of the plexi glass (taking air in). It says that these 2 fans are for hard drive cooling but I have no idea where they would go and I don't even think I have any more connectors but the thing is I should. Is anyone else familiar with this case and be able to help me out? Thanks.

In the front of the case their should already be 2 fans if this is the case im thinking of, theres a place for 2 more in their. And if the case is defirent thats still the place for them> what you have to do is take off both doors on your computer. Pop off the front panel. Then at the bottom is where the fans will go. You going to have the slide the fans in from the inside and then screw them in from the front. The whole thing might take about 10 mins. Not that big of a deal. Just sounds like it takes a while

Exhaust fans are a waste of electricity, you'll probably want to turn those puppies around so they can actually become of use

Okay whoa whoa whoa. Exhaust fans are not a waste. You need circulation running through your case. Ask anyone intelligent and they will tell you that. str8lazy is not very bright. You need to have exhaust fans going out because with all this air coming in and none going out....would just create a giant mass of hot air. That does not circulate rather try and pressurize your case with hot air and overheat your cpu. Okay once you have both doors of your computer you will notice on the inside front that you will have 3 black pins on either side that are coming from the front panel. You going to have to remove the front panel. The front panel is the whole assembly with the door on it. The whole entire front of your pc is going to come off when you push those pins out. They are pretty tuff to get out but dont be scared put some huevos into it. The once you get it off revealing the ugly steal of the raidmax case you will notice the 4 areas for fans because the fans are mounted inside the case and screwed in from the outside.

Click this link and go to the 3rd picture that you see. Thats with front panel off

So take off the side panel with the plexi glass. Then find 3 black pins. Push them out and then I will see four places for four fans. Okay if this is right I think I'm gonna buy some more. But here are my questions. I'm pretty sure I don't have any more connectors for fans. Does this sound right with all my hardware that I have? I should have some more connector things I think....

And, what size fans will fit? 80mm or what?

yah 80mm fans. Fans come with female and male plugs so that way you can plug it in, then plug the device that used to plugged in on the other end. Basically you can plug the fans into each other. It will work no problem.

Trust me you do. The fans wire up with pass through 4 pin molex connetors. You can just plug them into the same thing the other fans are. You will understand once you see it. You plug the new fan currently in the pc into the end of the new fan then plug the new fan into where the old fan was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom