Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.. i have a few things to say....

you should go a good processor.. Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition is like $1000... or the athlon 64 fx-53 which is like $800.

RAM get high quality atleast a gig.

Monitor.. don't overlook this. For gaming, make sure it has high refresh rates so it will be able to show the framerates if you get a good video card.

you should really use pricewatch.com for mostly all of your buying.

str8lazy What AMD do you recomend. 3-3.6ghz??

AMD doesnt have any processors that run at that speed, how much do you intend on spending on a processor and motherboard?

how much do you intend on spending on a processor and motherboard?
I don't really care right now the one knuckle50 said is $1000, that is alot but if that is what it is going to cost for something good. I am still reading up on this stuff alot. What are some good gaming AMD processors and mobos. O yeah I was going to get a good Monitor too but not worrying about that right now.

thanks for all the help. It is probably harder to explain the stuff to me because I am a newb but thanks alot.

Well all of the newer AMD's like 3000+
3200+
3400+
3500+
3700+
3800+
FX-51
and the FX-53 are all the processors of tomorrow using the new 64bit technology, if your going to get a processor in the future or the near future for that matter you should look at the 64bit proc.'s because the standard old proc.'s are 32bit like the Intel Pentium 4 3.06ghz and will become exstint because Microsoft is gonna make a new operating system that will be able to use all of the capibilities of the 64bit proc. so you should look at getting one of those. And if you cruz the AMD website you will find a link on there that says recommended motherboards and it will tell you just about all that specs that you need to know.

And one more thing as you learn more you will see that the newer proc.s like the FX-51 and the FX-53 require special memory, its ECC Registered, and if you try to use regular memory on the motherboard with this processor, you will possibly fry your motherboard and cause damage to your processor

Ok thanks alot. I found the link that recommended motherboards and every thing else I needed for it. Is there anybody that has more suggtions. I am open to anything. Like I said am not putting it together till this fall so anything is welcome. I am try to get ideas. The AMD fx-53 sounds like a nice one so am looking in to it. Thanks again for all the help!

If your gaming go with 3800 or fx-53. Graphic design and video editing go with intel p4 or intel xeon or pentium m.

Yeah it is pretty nice, but alot of the other 64bit processors operate really close to that same speed, so dont just go and get the most expensive one you can save a few hundred bux or so, and possible by the time that you get one they prices will have dropped even further if you get one of the "lower" end ones. So keep your eyes on all of them

don't go with the fx-53. in 6 months ill buy a processor for 200 bucks that can outperform your 800 dollar processor.

I know in 6 months everything is out dated. In a few months anyway the fx-53 should go down alot but it is still good, just wont be top of the line anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom