Media conversion software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirlBunny

Beta member
I'm new to converting media files, and every piece of software I find just hasn't worked. So, I'm hoping that the gurus here can help me with suggestions on what Windows XP software is best for converting WMV files to MPEG or MPEG4 formats!

I'm having trouble with keeping up with codecs for WMV files too, so suggestions on a conversion programme that can keep up with current codecs would help

Something that affordable would be great, however I suspect I can come up with funds for the right piece of software.

Because I'm a newbie to video conversion, I get lost easily. I may know my way around some software types, but have no idea with these ones! If there's a "dummy's step by step guide to converting wmv to mpg" it'd make things a lot more simple. Think of me as your traditional blonde at the computer.

Thank you! I'll be in your debt if I can get this solved ASAP, because I'm getting so frustrated at this I'm thinking of throwing the computer out the window!

GirlBunny

There are volumes of both freewares and sharewares for file conversion of different types. There are also long lists of sites to pick from when running a web search. One site with several sites listed is seen at Best Download Software - All Most Popular Software Free Download One free tool specific for wmv to mpeg is seen at ::.:: Iran Download - WMV to AVI MPEG WMV VCD SVCD DVD Converter v2.8.0 ::.::

As far as guides you simply follow the help files if any for the program itself. Some of the freewares will work well while others have adwares at times. Usually you select the first type of file from a menu to be converted like wmv and then you then choose the format for it to be changed to. DIVX is one shareware that seems good found among a few others at Video Encoders and converter Fully Reviewed Freewares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom